Wednesday, October 24, 2012

We Made It!!

   We made it to Land of Lakes with no problem.  Russ drove through rush hour traffic on I-4 like a pro... Of course, I was sweating with the bumper to bumper traffic.


First Palm Tree
   We had a great day.. We stopped at a rest stop and saw our first palm tree.  I just love seeing them 'cause it means I am in warmer weather. It was a high of 81 degrees with a slight breeze that was heavenly.

Can you tell where we are?

















Ummm.. looks good

We had a big lunch at Cracker Barrell.  The food was excellent. Mom even ate most of her pot pie. We stayed on our diet with grilled chicken and veggies.

Yummy... umm goood.













I stayed on my diet.. boo.. hoo..

   This is what we didn't have,but wanted to eat. Cary , Phillis's husband, says the pumpkin custard is to "die for"...

Chatting with family

   Mom did really well today. It was a long day starting at 8:00 a.m. and endingt at 7:30 p.m. She was glad when we got there.
  So we are planning  our day tomorrow. Phillis thinks an Arts and Crafts Show in Mt. Dora would be fun. Stay tune for more pictures to come tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a fun day tomorrow! I love Palm trees too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking us along and providing great photos!! Living in AK, I've never been to a Cracker Barrel. Maybe I should put that on my wish list for the next time I get to the states! Also never been to a Red Lobster! Sorry, I don't know where you are with all the rocking chairs. Looks relaxing though. Soooo glad your Mom was able to go along. I bet she is glad she went and super glad to rest awhile in a soft chair with her feet up!!! Sending along my warmest greetings to your mom and Phillis!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...