Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dade City Shopping


Dade City Courthouse


Great find for Phillis

   We started our day with heading to Dade City to do some "junkin". Phillis knew all the great places. We found some great stuff. I found another Mickey for my collection and a nice flower arrangement.  Phillis found and excellent picture for her diningroom. Mom found marbles for her collection, a rock, a doll, a Minnie Mouse,and chair for her doll collection.


Another Mickey for my collection

  We were a little hot, tired, and hungry when Phillis suggested we eat at Mollie Kyles Cafe. The food was excellent.

This will great on my hutch.

  We had potato soup, and chicken salad sandwiches. We were refreshed and ready to head to Betty's Cakes. Phillis said that John Travolta goes to the one in Ocala and has the cakes delivered to his home there. Here are some pics of some of the cakes we saw there.


We just had to have a slice of one of Betty's cakes. It was a day off from dieting. You wouldn't believe how good each bite was of my chocolate cake. Russ had raspberry lemonade, and Mom and Phillis had creamsicle cupcakes. Ummmm ... so good.

Add caption

A wedding cake

Mom and Phillis's cupcakes

Russ's piece of cake

My huge piece..ummm .. good



We ended the day with a trip to Publix which is a great supermarket. We got salad fixings for dinner since we ate some much for lunch. It was perfect. It was a great day with lots of memories.
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.












1 comment:

  1. Yowza!!! They look sooo good! I love the Mickey! You guys look like you are having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...