Friday, October 19, 2012

For Queenie...

    I am so sad to say that my brother- in- law's mother passed away last week. Queenie was such a lovely lady.  We had the privilege of meeting her a few years back when we went to Northern Maine a  few times on  our  vacation with my sister and her husband, Tom.  Queenie was such a sweet and caring person. We will miss seeing her. I made this card for Chris and Tom to express our heartfelt sadness .
Sympathy Card
    I used the Lovely as a Tree set which seemed to work well since Queenie lived up North. I cased a card I saw on Pinterest. I used my chalks to color the background after I had stamped the image. To keep the rectangle shape I used a Spellbinders rectangle die cute and kept it in place as  I used the chalks. I love the softness of the image.
     I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the sentiment in just the right spot.
    I will always think of Queenie still in her "little house" up North.
Ummm.... good!!
     Last weekend we went to Boston with our Dinner Group. We go out with some friends once a month to a different restaurant for some fun. Someone chose Boston.. We ate at Paddy O's. We had a lovely meal there. We headed to Quincy Market. Thanks goodness you don't gain weight just by looking at yummy food. It was packed, but so fun to try and maneuver your way through the crowds to get a peek at all the offerings.
On the boat
   Then we decided to go on the Duck Tours of Boston and the Harbor. What a gorgeous day for a boat ride. I learned alot about Boston that I didn't know, too.
A live performance
   It was back to the Amtrak station to catch the train which was a great  way to travel. We  might decide to go back again next spring.
   We head for Florida soon. Can't wait to get there and start enjoying the warmer weather. And thanks to our house sitter for taking care of things while we are gone. I will be posting pics and info on the trip to let you know where we are and what we are doing. We are Disney bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...