Sunday, March 4, 2012

Faux Letterpress Example

Love this embossing folder.
    I was reading about the Faux Letterpress technique on Splitcoast Stampers website. Check it out here.  Faux Letterpress
    It is a great way to get more usage out of your embossing folders. Some of you probably already knew about this technique, but I didn't .
   You just take your  folder and ink it up. Use whatever side you want 'cause either side will give a slightly different look. I used my Cuttlebug embossing folder that looks like the sun's rays.
   I inked up the raised side to get the yellow rays. I really love how it came out.
   I added prima flowers and a white ribbon. The sentiment is a Penny Black stamp.
   I am saving the inside of this card for when I need a card for whatever occasion. I can then tailor the wording to fit the occasion.
   The paper is from Stampin Up and some I had kicking around. I am going to try other folders and use the same technique. Thanks for looking!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This technique is cool! I love how your card turned out! Nice job! The flowers are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...