Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chickadee Sighting!

Mom's birdfeeder
   I have been thrilled this winter to have a sanctuary for the birds in our neighborhood. The family  gave our mom a bird feeder for Christmas this year. She has been delighted to see so many birds coming to and fro. Chickadees are so cute and skiddish.
  It inspired me to make this card for my friend, Elaine. She and her husband are bird watchers, so I know she'll like the bird punch from Stampin Up. It's her birthday in March and I am ready this year.
Happy Birthday, Elaine.
  I looked at a bird book which helped me get the coloring right for a chickadee. This was my second attempt. I think he looks rather grand.
   The branch and all are a die from Memory Box. I recently discovered this company and love their products. The sentiment is from a Stampin Up set. The name was not on the box so I do not know the name of the set. Let me know if you have it. The paper is from K & Company.
   I think sometimes a simple card can be quite elegant. This one was easy to put together. I did use my special scissors to make the edge of the green paper ragged.
   I loved making this card and I really like how it came out. Hope you do, too.  

1 comment:

  1. I do love this card! The coloring on your Chickadee is perfect! Elaine will love this!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...