Monday, February 7, 2011

Thinking of Queenie

  I finally finished Queenie's card. Queenie is my brother-in-law's mother. She fell and broke her hip. She is in rehab to try and get her walking again. I thought a "thinking of you" card might make her feel a little better. I think getting a card from someone, just to let them know you care about them, is a great way to help in healing of the mind and body. 
  I used Stampin Up' Feathered Hope set. I colored with SU's markers 'cause the copic markers tended to blend outside the lines... It's probably my technique. I placed a circle on the back there to use Tim Holtz's Broken China ink. Then I took the circle away and colored the sun.  White enamel accents were used on the flowers.  I then colored them with yellow ink from Tim's collection. Nestabilities scalloped circle and round circle helped to capture the picture. Stampin up's border punch was used on the bottom. Cuttlebug's dotted  embossing folder gave the background some texture.
    I found a prayer for healing online that I am going to put inside. It ends with : Lord, we pray that you will wrap Your loving arms around her, giving her comfort, strength and peace, drawing her ever closer to You, as you lead her through this trying time. In Jesus' name we pray; Amen.
   I hope this makes her feel a little better.


2 comments:

  1. Queenie will love this card! She adores birds and you can tell because she has all kinds of ceramic birds at her house! I love the organza flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Mom says she watched the herons today - she saw seven of them! I think these would make a great subject for a card! Stay warm. We will try to stay dry - lots of rain.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...