Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Craft Fair Fun!

What fun we had at the  recent craft fair in Portland, Maine. We had a table at the Italain Heritage Craft Fair. Everyone was so nice and helpful. This was true of staff at the Center staff
, fellow crafters, and customers.   This was our first craft fair and we felt pretty happy with the results. Thanks to everyone who dropped by to say hello and check out our table. It was alot of fun for us.
Just a peek at our recent craft fair table. 


  Now that we have one craft fair under our belt we are looking ahead to the Christmas Craft Fair season. Hoping to get into at least one or maybe two fairs. We are taking it easy for the month of June.
  However, I am working on some fun projects that may be on our craft table. Here is a Framed Sampler that I did for fun. It is relaxing for me to work with combining color and design in one project.
  This frame was just hanging around, so I decided to make it into a work of art. I just love the combination of color here. The paper succulents is from the Stampin Up die. The butterfly was in my stash, as was the pink flower. The sentiment is from Stampin Up, too. I used white chipboard for the backing and added the cardstock colors. Pretty happy with this one. May keep it for my walls.
A Framed Sampler
  This is a card I made for the craft fair that did not sell.
Mermaids are in....
I  really love how it came out. I am hoping it will sell
at our next craft fair.
  I used Karen Burniston's Twisted Panel die to make
this card.
   I bought the mermaid stamp at Michael's where they have the stamps with the dies in one package. I do not remember the company's name .
Inside this Twisted Pop Panel
Stamping on tile
  The inside of this card is so cute. I got the idea to cut out the mermaid as a silhouette from a Pinterest card I saw.  Karen Burniston's die is awesome. Her video on how to put it all together is so easy to follow. I have done this card manually but it did not always come out right. This is perfect every time if you use her tips and tricks.
  A new project for me is stamping on tiles. This is my first attempt using Stampin Up's High Tide stamp set. I love this stamp set. It is so versatile. I plan on using is on alot of the projects I am planning. I used an archival ink .You have to let it dry for a couple of hours or more. Most sites say to use Modge Podge and/ or then use a clear coat spray. Not sure what I am going to do next. Still waiting for it to dry.
  I will then make it into a coaster with cork on the back. Love doing new things with my stamps.
  Well, I am  not out of the boot you say in  my last post. I am wearing a compression sock and sneakers. My foot is still swelling after a time of walking so I am careful how much I am doing. But it is so nice to be walking normally.
  We are back to babysitting on Fridays for our grandchildren. Missed doing that while I was laid up. They are growing so fast. I will leave you with a picture of them with their mother.
Love this picture of the  'Girls".

2 comments:

  1. I love your twisted panel nautical card! The coaster is fabulous! I think I will give that one a try. Cute pic of the kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sampler is beautiful!! Grateful for all the work that you and Chris did at the craft fair!! Thank you, thank you!!! Adorable picture of the kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...