Saturday, September 8, 2018

It Can't Be September Already!

  I have been so lazy keeping up with my blog. Sorry it has been since June . No excuses ...just have been so busy with having some fun this summer. Now it is over and kids are back to school.
  My sisters and I are going to do two more fairs this fall and winter, so we are getting ready for these events now.
Christmas note cards
  The note cards you see in the picture are mini cards. I bought the mini pizza boxes from Stampin Up. I decorated them with designer paper and a bow. I used stamps from Penny Black, in this picture, to make some cute little thank you notes or tags for your gifts. We are planning on selling them at the fairs.
No sew fabric ornament









  We are also making the no sew fabric ornaments that you see in the picture. I used jelly roll fabric that is 2 1/2 inches wide. You cut the fabric into 2 1/2 squares. The gal in this video does a great job explaining the directions. She wants you to buy Jingle Pops by Hoffman, but they are expensive. I just went to JoAnn's and bought their jelly rolls  which were much cheaper.  Here is the video:No Sew Fabric Ornament Tutorial   It is on Pinterest.
A Framed Sampler
    Another project I finished was my Framed Sampler. I used my Stampin Up succulent dies. I have a board on Pinterest where I have saved so many examples that help me create my ideas. It is my inspiration. I like the white frame cause it really helps the squares pop. 

Marianne Designs Mice









  These mice are too cute. I bought the Christmas accessories that go with them and the winter clothes. I will post what they look like all dressed up and ready for Christmas. 
  I hope to do some projects using them to sell at the fair. Who does not like cute mice??

For Adrianne



    This is a birthday card I made for my sister, Adrianne. Her birthday is in July. I got it to her late but I got it to her.  I love these Stampin Up pandas. Too cute. I will be using these pandas on projects for the fairs. Not sure what I will do but it could be cards like this one. I liked it that much.



Coasters


  The tiles that you can get at Home Depot are perfect for making coasters. I used designer paper and glued them on with Mod Podge. Once dry I sprayed them with an acrylic sealer. You should do two or three coats. I put cork squares on the back that I bought from an Etsy store for 10.00 for 30 squares with adhesive backing. I thought that was pretty reasonable. 
  My sisters and I have made more with different types of paper and we also are stampin them, too. 
  Well, I guess I have to make dinner now. I will leave you with a few pictures of my busy summer. 
Swimming in my sister, Rochelle's pool

Cindy's French shower

Going to the beach with family

Shopping in Kennebunk

Yarmouth Clam Festival

My niece, Cindy's French bridal shower invites

Evy checking her fairy garden.
Playing with Izzy






















Evy's field trip to Smiling Hill Farms

























                                                               What a busy summer!

1 comment:

  1. Since June!! Wow! We have had a fabulous summer! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...