Sunday, October 28, 2018

October, Already!!

      I cannot believe how fast the time is going. I have been working hard on our up coming Christmas Fair that will be the first Saturday in November at the Italian Heritage Center in Portland. My sisters and I have been working super hard to get our display ready and our ideas for projects done.
Our Display

More of our display
   Here are a few pictures of our display so far. We have set up in my sister, Rochelle's home to help us have a good idea of what we want to do the night before the fair in setting up .
  We are still working on items to finish up and get placed on our table. As you can see we have been busy. It has been fun though sharing our ideas and seeing how everything looks.

     We have two tables this time which meant we had to work hard to get enough goods to fill the tables. I think we have done it.
   We have tile coasters, Advent boxes, wine cork holders, fabric angels, fabric pine cone ornaments, just to name a few things. There are lots more for people to see and think about for the upcoming Christmas.
Even More of our display
One of my favorites
  We have frame samplers which I think are really fun to make. I get alot of good ideas from Pinterest.  This "Snow" Sampler was super fun to make. I had alot of different ideas in my head, but these squares seem to work well together. My husband made a frame for this one which I painted white. It is not pictured here so you will have to come to the fair to see it totally done.
  Another framed bit of art is another idea I saw on Pinterest. It is a lighted picture. I was not sure I could do it, but the tutorial I saw was a huge help.
Love the lights.
     My husband made another frame for me which held the battery pack on the back. I have not painted this one yet, but am thinking a blue color.
  The die cuts are from Stampin Up's Night of Bethlehem die set. Love it.
  I used glue dots and foam squares to attach the die cuts to the paper. You have to be patient, but it is worth it.
Cute little guys

    The most fun I had was making these gnomes . I used socks, wooden balls, fur, and the hot glue gun to construct. No sewing. I think they are adorable.
  The easiest project was the one with a frame and Scrabble tiles. I saw this somewhere on Pinterest.  I had an old frame hanging around, so I put dark paper on the inside and added these tiles to spell, " Oh Holy Night." How easy was that. I love it. If it doesn't sell I plan on putting it on my mantle this Christmas. I love how simple it looks. Yet tells a story.
Easy to do.
   Well, I guess I need to get back to my craftroom. I am working on finishing a mini album, an altered cigar box, and making more note cards. That should keep me busy.
   I want to share some of the highlights from our granddaughter, Izzy's birthday party this past August. It was so fun to watch her enjoy her day. She is a delight.
Birthday Cake-Yum

Her own cake



Opening gifts

Trying out her toys
 Izzy is growing up too fast. Her 1st birthday has come and gone. She is walking on her own now. We just love her so much. Sometimes I wish time would slow down a little . 
  Both our granddaughters are a joy. We look forward to babysitting them any time at all. 
  Well on that happy note I hope you have a Happy Halloween.  We are trick or treating with two lovely little girls and their parents. Happy Spooking.....



1 comment:

  1. Oh, my Gosh! It's almost time for the fair! Love all the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...