Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January Projects!

Love these lights.
  We are now in the midst of getting our "January Projects" done. What better time to do indoor renovations . It's been cold outside, until recently, so we have been inside with our to do list. Russ has really be going at it with alot of energy. He redid a closet for our bedroom linens, put together shelving in our basement for our seasonal decor, and most recently finished putting up our pendant lighting above our island in the kitchen.
  He really is handy to have around the house. It took a little work because the opening for the recessed lights were bigger than the opening for the pendant lights. But he got them up and they look great. It really changes the look of the kitchen and gives us much more light than we thought.
Another view.
  His next project is working in the basement to get the seasonal room finished a wall coming down and organizing our "stuff".
  I have project I am doing also. I just finished painting a bench that is in the mudroom. I really like the white against the white walls.
   However, I think I am going to put the bench outside come spring and have Russ build a white bench from wall to wall instead. I saw a picture of this idea on Houzz. It really looks clean and fresh looking in a mudroom.



Well, I will show you pictures of our finished projects next time. We are still working on them instead of being out in the cold. Not unhappy about that at all. Next time.


1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures of the kitchen! The lights really add some pizzazz!!! Good job, Russ!!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...