Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Past

So pretty....
  It's hard to believe that Christmas is over and we are enjoying the cold of January. We had a great Christmas Day at my sister, Rochelle's, home. She went all out with decorations and great food.
Tasted good, too.
  I was pretty proud of my hash brown casserole. I found the recipe on the package which surprised me since I usually find a good recipe on Pinterest.I have been using this site regularly to find great meals for us. Maybe I should pin this...ummm..
Too cute
  Rochelle did a great job with the name tags for seating. They were so cute. I got to take ours home and store them for next year. I think the candy cane may be shot by then, though. Check out her blog for more info on how she made them. Creative Corner Studio
Mom loved this shawl.

A great get together
  Here are a few pictures of our day.














More of us








   I have started my thank you cards to people. It will take me a little time to finish them. I am getting great ideas again from Pinterest. If you aren't on this site, you should really check it out. I liked the layout of this card. It's one I haven't tried yet. I made the flowers
'cause I didn't think I had the stamps that the gal
used on her card. Turns out that I did. I am going
I made these flowers.
to make this card again using the stamps. It was fun making the flowers though. I used some punches that I had on hand and just embellished them with white enamel accents. I used a flourish die cut from Cheery Lynn. I cut out two different shades for brown.
   I also made a sympathy card for my first husband's stepmother-in-law. Danny's father passed away at 90 years old . He was a wonderful man . I am saddened by their loss.
Penny Black stamp
  I made this card.
   I used a Penny Black stamp with a brown ink. Then I used Versa Mark and off set the stamp image. Using opague white embossing powder I heated the image. I really like the effect. I used my chalks and sponged around each flower.

   I got a fabulous birthday gift. It was a gift certificate to Soakology in Portland, Maine. What a great place to relax with friends and family. I went there with my sisters: Chris and Rochelle.  We had a great time. It was a great way to start the New Year.  Hope everyone had a good start to their New Year.
Relaxing Tea for three

  

3 comments:

  1. Your casserole was fabulous! Seems like Christmas was ages ago! It was really fun ! Yikes! You are saving your elves for nextyear? I turned mine into thank you cards! I will make more. Sociology is taboo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pictures are great! Christmas, I agree, does seem long time ago but everything was yummy! Love your cards! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Hi Connie,

    It is hard to believe that Christmas is over and that it is mid-January already. Your hash brown casserole looks delicious. Your sister did a wonderful job creating place tags and your thank you cards are gorgeous as usual. Do you have snow on the ground?

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...