Saturday, December 1, 2012

Church Fair Today!!

   I am so proud that I got the cards done for my donation to our church's Christmas Fair on time. Yeah for me!! I worked like a dog, though. I am pretty happy with how they all came out. The boxes to hold the cards were really simple. I used one 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper to do one box. I liked that  I didn't waste paper. I've linked the directions to Rachel Clifton's Christmas card boxes in my last post, but here it is again. Rachel Clifton's Christmas card boxes
Six boxes done....
  I found six different cards to case on Pinterest. I tried to find simple cards with just a little embellishments 'cause I didn't want people who buy them to have to pay more to send them. Here is a link to my Card Board so that you can peruse through and find these cards and their websites easily. Connie's Pinterest Card Board
   I also had to keep in mind that I didn't have all the same materials as these original designs had on the cards. But I think they came out alright.
Simple to make...
  The easiest card was the one using Stampin Up's "Lovely as a Tree" set. I love the colors and how you could decorate the tree the way you wanted.


   I used two different shades of ink: River Rock and Soft Suede. The tree in the foreground could be decorated any way you choose. I used glitter, but I wished that I had had some red stickles to make red balls.
Another simple to make card
   My next simplest card was the card that had Christmas packages on it. I was able to use scraps for paper cut into squares and then add the Memory Box die cut bows to each one.
   The sentiment is from Inkadinkado. I used different colors for the bow for each card. I think my favorite though was the gold ribbon. It just seemed to really stand out on the paper. This card is great for using up those scraps you  have hanging around.
Love the colors..
   My next card was the ornament card. Here I chose the ornament stamp from Stampin Up called "Delightful Decorations". It has four different ornaments, but this one worked well. You just stamp the ornament and add the bow. I have a great Merry Christmas stamp that I used to stamp around it. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to help me get the words straight.
Love the wreath.
   The card with the wreath on took a little bit of time 'cause I had to use a circle template and glue the greenery around it. I always get glue all over me.. I did one card without a circle template and it was way harder. Then I came up with the idea of a circle template and it went much better.
Easy card

Memory Box card
  I used a punch from Punch Bunch and added the ribbon. I embossed the background with an embossing folder from Stampin Up. I love the red and green color combo for Christmas.
  The last two cards didn't take too long to make. The pine cones  and tassel is from a stamp made by Inkadinkado. I used mounted it one read paper and added the embossed white paper to it. The ribbon is from A.C. Moore.
   The last card took me the longest for some reason. I used a Memory Box die. I glued down the leaves and berries which was messy. I love the script sentiment from Stampin Up.
Our tree

Decorations

Stockings hung

Boxwood tree and snowman
  I am so glad they are done so that now I can work on my Christmas cards and finish getting the house ready for Christmas. Here as some pictures of what I've done around the house so far.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful job that you did on the cards and boxes. Your house is also beautifully decorated! You have truly gotten me into the Christmas spirit!! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards came out fabulously! I love the boxes too! How nice of you to donate them to the church! I am sure they will be loved! Nice job on your tree! I am feeling a little Christmas today too! The snow really adds to the feel of the Season!!!I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is awe inspiring, from the cards to the boxes, to the beautifully decorated home. God bless you this Christmas season, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is beautiful Connie and everything looks so inviting! Your boxed cards are gorgeous. I don't know where you find the time to do it all.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...