Saturday, November 24, 2012

Giving Thanks!

Shall we eat????






   My husband and I have so much to be thankful for this year. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my sister, Andrea's home. She and her husband,Renn, cooked a juicy turkey that was delicious. I am so thankful for my family. Our get togethers are a special treat for us. We really eat well on Thanksgiving.
   There were fifteen of us in Kennebunk. Afterwards some of us went for a walk to help with the full tummies. It was a lovely day for eating and walking. I am thankful that we are all healthy. I hope all of you had a joyous Thanksgiving Day.
Seafood deviled eggs... were yummy...






         
                                                                                                                                                          I have finished the thank-you notes I was working on from our birthday party a few weeks ago.  My twin sister, Chris, and I shared the making of the cards. I really love making these cards. I sent  the last few out this week. We will always remember what fun our 60th birthday brought us.
Triple stamped card

Memory Box die cuts

Partially embossed folder use
                                                                            These three cards were fun for me because I was trying some new technique or using some new materials I had just purchased.









The triple stamped card I had been dying to try every since I saw one on Pinterest. It's quite easy really. You cut our the three sizes for white cardstock and then use a pinch of tape and tape them together. Next you stamp the card together using whatever background you would like to use. I chose Stampin Up's  Build a Blossom.
   Then you take the white cardstock apart and glue them to a half inch or quarter inch larger colored cardstock. Mount all three and glue together. It gives it an interesting look.
   I used Spellbinders label die cut for the sentiment and cut out a blossom from the stamp set. I added a pink button for an embellishement.
  The second card was also from an inspiration from Pinterest. Seems I have been using this site quite a bit lately. I had recently purchased the Vivienne butterfly from Ellen Hutson's site . The Woodrow rosette is from Memory Box, too; along with the La Rue Flourish behind the rosette. I like paring the light blue with the soft brown. The sentiment is from Stampin Up's stamp set of words. I don't know the name.
Inside a thank you card.
   The third card was made from a Stampin Up embossing folder after I had stamped the flourish in Olive Green. The flourish die cut is from Cheery Lyn designs. The butterfly is two die cuts: one is a solid and the other is open. Both of them are Vivenne Butterflies from Memory Box.    If you want to see the inspiration cards for the making of these cards check out my Card Board here:My "Cards" Board on Pinterest
   We had been to Dover and our favorite place to buy supplies: Stamped Designs. I purchased for only $4.00 a stamp from Magnolias. It looked like twins. Chris got this one, too. We stamped them on the inside and signed our names. I thought it was cute.
Christmas card holder
   So now I am working on making Christmas cards for our churches Christmas Fair that benefits The Root Cellar. I have a week to get them done. I found a wonderful site on Pinterest that has a tutorial on how to make these boxes for holding cards. I thought I'd make them to hold the cards for the church sale.    Here is a link to the tutorial in case you are interested in making these. Wicked easy.Rahcel Clifton's Christmas Card Boxes
   I will post the finished products when I am done. Hopefully at the end of the week. Then I can start my Christmas cards.. Whew.. a busy week ahead.                                                                     

2 comments:

  1. It was a nice day at Andrea's! The food was fabulous! Love, love the box you made for the church sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie,

    It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Quite the feast at your sister's house. Beautiful card creations!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...