Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Easter Sunday Basket

One side


  I've been working every morning for about three days on finishing this basket. I used a Wheat Thins box that I thought had just the right shape for a basket. (The crackers are really good, too.) I love using recycled items for my paper crafting, but the shape has to be just right, though.
Good crackers...
   I used paper I purchased on sale from JoAnn's Fabric Store. It's from DCWV called the Mariposa Stack. It's beautiful paper with lots of butterfly sheets. The flower is from Prima. Don't you just love their flowers?
   I really love the fleur de lis  die cut shape  from Nestabilities. I used two together, but slightly askew. The "Happy Easter" stamp is from Print Works. I found it at JoAnn's.
The other side
   I used my Nesties for the oval around the bunny.  The bunny stamp is from Stampendous, I think. I colored with  my Copic markers. I just bought this swirly die cut from Sizzix and I love it. It was just right for this basket.
  The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch, that I double layered.  I was really excited to find this lace with the loops already added at Tate's Store in Bath,Maine. They have recently expanded their crafting section. Loads of different lace priced by the bolt. Really inexpensive compared to other stores. I am definitely going back there for more. I used white ribbon around the bunny oval using the technique found on Splitcoast Stampers. The little bow was also purchased at Tate's.
   I continued to use the swirly die cut on both side of the basket; adding the Prima flowers and Tim Holtz's bird die cut. I ran the lace with ribbon along the handle after I covered it with the same paper that I put on the basket. Brads hold the handle on with tape inside for extra strength. It seems to be quite strong as it will hold Easter candy;including a chocolate bunny. I haven't purchased this yet as Easter is a ways away and chocolate does not have a long "life" in my house as it calls to me especially in the afternoon.
   I had a great time making this basket for my son. I hope he likes it even though it's not very masculine. I think the chocolate will win him over, though. Can't wait 'til Easter Sunday....



Side view
Other side





3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for recycling. I love the lace from Tate's and I noticed you used your sizzix swirly die!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the swirly die on the sides with the bird! That is very cute! Great job on your basket! I love it! It is very Easterly! The lace really stands out on it! Perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...