Saturday, July 23, 2022

Been Too Long!!

   I cannot believe I have not posted anything for so long. I feel ashamed and yet I have been really busy. I am going to try and make a commitment to posting more often and more regularly. I must set a routine to remember to post. 

  This summer has flown by. I worked on doing the crafts for our chuches VBS (Vacation Bible School) for most of the spring. We had over 50 kids come around the end of June. I enjoyed working with students again. They were so interested in the crafts I had set up for them. 

  I have been working on fewer crafts of my own because our inventory is so high right now. We are doing The Italian Heritage Craft Fair in December , but we have plenty of projects ready. 

This is a decorated cigar box .

This cigar box is one example of what we have available for sale. We backed out of Cole's Corner because we did not do well there. We believe it is the state of our economy that are keeping people from buying right now. 

 I don't blame them with gas and food prices so high. Crafts would be way down on my list of things that you have to have. So we are just working on fun things that we enjoy making. 

  I


  I have been working on cards mostly because August is a big month for birthdays in my family. The top card is for my brother-in-law, Tom. He turns 70 next month.

I used my Cricut to cut out the images on golf. The number 70 is a die cut I have on hand. I have Cricut Access so that I can find all the images I need to make a unique card. 


  I got the sentiment off the computer looking up on Pinterest. I is wicked cute. I think Tom will like it since he is an avid golfer. The gof cart is from Cricut also. 

  Love using the black and white for vivid contrast. Easy to read and enjoy the pictures.

Mike's Card

 The other card is for Mike who is our daughter's partner. We hope to see them soon as they live out in Colorado.  Flying right now does not sound too good, though.

 The running man is from Cricut Access too. Mike is a runner and helps to set up races in Colorado. I think he will enjoy this card.

This item is for sale on Etsy.

  This flattened tin can flower holder is on sale now on our new Etsy Store. My sisters' and I decided to try online sales. 

  We are hoping that we will do well and therefore do less craft fairs. So far it has been slow. The economy is not much better.

 Anyway if you are interest in checking out Cooksistersdesigns on Etsy just put our name in the search or use this link.

Cooksistersdesigns

 You will find our crafts are upscaling items, new ways to use old items , and a few items that someone else crafted and we are ready to part with them.

 Hopefully you will see something that you like or will inspire you to put something of your own together. 

  We went on a trip to Boston in June. We went with the our son and his family, our grandchildren. It was fun. My sister, Adrianne, let us stay with them as they are in Rockland, Mass. She went with us to the Boston Aquarium, too. The kids loved The Science Museum and the Aquarium. 

 Adrianne and Lenny have an awesome pool that is heated. It was a lovely time. The weather was perfect.
Here are a few pictures from our trip. I made an album for each girl to be able to look back and remember what fun we had with family. 


We are going to Disney World this year and I plan on making an album for each of them to put their pictures in to remember the time spent together. 


When they are in high school/college I love the idea that these photos will be a way to look back and think about their awesome chldhood. 


 Well, I am getting my Sunday School lesson ready for this week. So I will sign off and hope that I will be on again soon. 

 Hope everyone is having a great summer. It will be gone before we know it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...