Monday, January 11, 2021

January Blues

Mark's Card for his birthday
  January has been a ho hum month. We have gotten some snow, but the warmer weather has brought rain which has taken all the snow pretty much away with just an inch or two left. 
  I like it to snow the light fluffy stuff so that I can go out and push it around and not worry about my back going out. Oh well, we will just have to wait for it.
  In the meantime I am crafting for birthdays that occur in January and February. I am loving my Cricut  for cutting out these awesome pieced to make a beer mug for my brother-in-law, Mark's birthday. He collects beer mugs for fun and he has quite a collection. This will be perfect for him. 
  I love how realistic it looks with me inking the suds a little to give it more on an authentic look. Even the gray paper I used for the actual mug gives it a realistic slant. Hope he likes it. This beer mug comes from Dreaming Tree SVG files. It only costs about , I believe, around 2.50. Much cheaper than a die. 
  

  My friend, Cindy, just bought a Cricut for herself. I went over to help her move files to her Design Space. She is a quick learner and has sent me pictures of the projects she has done since my visit. 
  She graciously made this "cozy" for my Cricut. It is so cute. Love the tassels that go around the outside. It will keep dust out of my machine and give it an awesome look. Thanks, Cindy!
  
Knobs
Happy Birthday Card
  I made birthday card for my daughter-in-law, Kristin, Her birthday is in February. I used the eclipse technique again. I really like how this technique looks on cards. You can also use it to make a frame sampler, too.
  I used my Stampin Up Tranquil Tulips stamps. I really like this set cause it reminds me of spring to come. 
  Look up the eclipse technique on Pinterest and some awesome projects come up to save. 
  
Great technique

  This well wishes card was super fun to make. I used my watercolor paint to dab onto the paper in a haphazard way. Then I used my Stampin Up stamps called Dandelion Wishes. This is a great stamp set for cards. I also used it on making coasters, too. 
    I purchased some knobs from Hobby Lobby cause they were on sale. You got half off most of the selection. I use them for music boxes or any box I might like to open.
  The small black knob I am using on the top of my lantern as a decoration. My DH has to cut off the screw a little bit cause it is too long, but it will work great. Love a sale. 


I am hoping that we will have a Spring Craft Fair to go to at USM in April or May, not sure when it might be. My sisters and I are working this winter on the possibility that we might be able to participate in it. 
So I have been looking at ways we could display our work for customers to see our projects better.

Display stand
  I put my wooden stamps in drawers that are labelled so that I could use this graduated stand for our goods. I think it might work. It will surely save space on the table and give the customer a better view. We will try this come spring , if we are able. 




  Well, I guess I will get back to work on making a new card called Outside the Box. My Favorite Things coined this name. They are selling a die for 50.00. My sister and I are making a similar card using out Cricut machine. We can make it larger or smaller which is awesome for us . Will post pictures next time. 

  Hope you all are well and happy. Keep safe. 



1 comment:

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...