Sunday, October 26, 2014

It's a Girl!!!

   
   I have not been blogging because I was cleaning house getting ready for the Gender Reveal Party at our
home. I was also putting up decorations and die cutting onesies for a banner. I had so much fun. We were so
Great Cake....

excited to learn whether Nathaniel and Kristin were having a He or a She. They did not even know. The radiologist just wrote the gender down and put it in an envelope for them to give to the baker.
  All eyes were on that cake when they were cutting it. Pink was the icing on the inside layers. So it is Baby Evelyn. I can now go looking at little baby girl clothes. HOLD me back... everything is so cute. ...

A Sizzix die cut for the labeling  food.
Hard to find blue flowers this time of year. 

Loved using my onesie die cut .


















    I have not been neglecting my paper crafting . Since my craft room is really clean, due to the party. I have been busy making an album that my sister, Rochelle, taught us at a paper crafting party with Chris, Cathy, Mary Jo, and Lara. We had a ball. We plan on getting together to show how we finished the project. I am going to use mine for pictures of Evie, our  new granddaughter to be.. Can't wait
Love Graphic 45 paper.
  I used the Mother Goose collection by Graphic 45. I fussy cut
the picture 'cause it was a 12 x 12 sheet. Too big of the cover of this portfolio. I decided that crystal effects would be perfect on the moon face.
Inside album
  The inside is so  cute.It is a tri -fold mini album. Plenty of room for pictures. The middle is a waterfall of pictures. So easy to  make. I made a pocket on the left, and tri- folds on the right for more pictures or for journaling.  I haven't decided what I am going to do on the back. I am checking out ideas on Pinterest.

 
For Kate
For Elaine
 I had to make two thank-you cards for people who have been kind to me this past week.
 Kate, a friend of Kristin's, gave me some paper crafting items that she was not using anymore. I really appreciate her thoughtfulness. I can always use free stuff.
   Elaine, my girl friend, gave receiving blankets for our new granddaughter, and some coupons for Carters in Freeport. Wasn't that thoughtful?
  I used my brick wall embossing folder for Kate's card. I stamped the vine and leaves before embossing. I added prima flowers and the sentiment after.
 For Elaine's card I used a stamp that I really love but rarely use. The butterfly and lettering with the word "inspire" is all  on one stamp. I added the extra wing to place on top of the stamped one. I also added the purple flower. I like how it came out. I hope Elaine does, too.
Our fall mantel



 I will end this post with a picture of our fall mantel. I decorated it with indian corn and fake leaves around the swan. I love using the gourds, too.
  Hope you are having a Happy Autumn!   

2 comments:

  1. That was my first Gender reveal party and it was really fun! I loved finding out with the parents! Your mini album is adorable! Love Graphic 45 paper! I can't wait until I have a mantel to decorate...yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie,

    What fantastic news! I'm so happy for Nathaniel and Kristin. Evelyn is such a pretty name and I bet you just can't wait to go shopping! Pink it is ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...