Sunday, December 4, 2011

What a Great Weekend/Week!!!

   I had a great week and weekend... I was celebrating my birthday (along with my twin sister, Chris.) by being with family...love that.. My son gave me a wonderful $40.00 gift certificate to A.C. Moore and chocolate.. He knows just what I love.
   Then on the weekend the family loaded up the van and we went to Dover, N.H. to all my favorite stores there: Stamped Designs, Just the Thing, and The Rusty Bucket in Saco, Maine. It was a great time.
Finally ready for Thanksgiving.. Yeah!!

Long shot of kitchen.

Cambria:Quartz

New sink, too.

   I am so happy to report that the new countertops are in and looking good, I think .  Anyway, check out these pictures.
   Thanksgiving was so much better with the counter tops in and the kitchen functioning like a real kitchen. We are putting bead board as a backsplash as soon as we get a breather from the holidays. So much to do; so little time.




   I have finished my design for our Christmas cards
Here is the design for 2011.
Each morning I get up and work on putting them together. Morning is the best time for me.. I am wide awake and feel motivated to be creative... Creativity seems to wane as the morning moves on.. Here is my design. I love the funky fold, but it is so time consuming that I used the same design, but made it a regular card. See it here:
Less time consuming..
   I plan on going tomorrow to A.C. Moore with my gift certificate and get more materials to finish all my Christmas cards..  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Christmas is around the corner. Can't wait...

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun day! It is always fun to share my birthday with you! The getting older part isn't so grand but I loved spending the day with family! The kitchen looked fabulous at Thanksgiving! Ooohh....neat Christmas card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie,

    Happy belated birthday! Your kitchen is fabulous! I love the quartz countertop. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...