Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cindy's Owls

   It was my niece, Cindy's birthday last week. Her mother asked me to make a card for her. She has many interests, but she particularly loves owls. So I cased this card from the Splitcoast Gallery. It is such a cute card. Check it out here...Owl Window Card   I didn't have the same materials, so I improvised. I used Cuttlebug's embossing folder for the tree accent. I "rubbed" Tim Holtz's distress ink pad, Mahogany, over the surface.
   I cut out the center of the card with my rectangular Nestability die cut. Also using the same technique I cut the branch free hand and attached to the back of the window part.
   I added the tree leaves using the scalloped punch from Stampin Up. Again the distress ink Vintage Photo around the edges of each scallop gave the desired effect.
   I used SU's owl punch and put them together in a similar way that the cased owl card looked. I added the hearts and kept their eyes quite large. I cut a scalloped circle out of the brown paper and trimmed it to look like a feathered arm. Martha Stewart's balloon punch was used and the balloon wrapped around the owl's wing gave the card a more festive look along with the cute party hats. I only had Stickles to give the hats a pompom.
   The banner is from Spellbinders and the stamp is from Hero Arts.
   Cindy's family celebrated her birthday last night. I know it was a joyous occasion. Happy Birthday, Cindy!!!

1 comment:

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...