Sunday, August 28, 2011

For Marjorie..

Finally know your name!!!
    I found out what the name of this plant was that is in our planting bed near our front patio. My friend, Elaine's daughter, Kari, has some on these and told me they are called Anemones. They are so pretty. I  may dig them up in the spring and move them somewhere else 'cause they get so tall. Love the pink and green colors together, though.
Tender thoughts...

    I am sorry to say that I had to make a sympathy card fora couple in our church who lost their daughter this week to cancer. I chose a page from an old hymnal entitled "Softly and Tenderly. I used my Spellbinders to make the oval and the fleur di lis border on the side. I cuts pieces  out to make the corners. White prima flowers with the white ribbon lifted the colors a little. I used Stampin Up's "Close as a Memory" stamp set for the sentiment. I hope this card gives them a little support in their time of need.
   We are waiting for Tropical Storm Irene to come by us today. We have had rain and some wind, but nothing awful . It hasn't really come over us yet, though. We still have our power at this point.  I think I'll take some pics for my blog to remember this storm.. Hope everyone on the Eastern Seaboard is faring well.

3 comments:

  1. I love your card! I love the sentiment and I am sure it will be a comfort to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie,

    I hope the storm didn't do too much damage in your area. We have lots of flooding here in New York. Yes, the picture of your plant is an Anemone. They tend to do better in the shade. Your sympathy card is beautiful and for such a sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Donna, your sympathy card is beautiful for such a sad occasion. I am sure it will bring them comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...