Sunday, December 10, 2017

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas....

2017 Christmas Tree
  We got our Christmas tree up right after Thanksgiving. We put it in a different place which I really like. I think we are going to keep the furniture where it is cause it makes the living room seem much bigger. It will be ready for next year.
  Our Christmas cards were done before Thanksgiving this year. I am so proud. I started them in September because they were so labor intensive. The design is similar to one the Karen Burnisten has done. I changed it some in hopes of saving postage, but I still paid more. It was worth it though.
 
Love the sparkly.
   I used her pop up die to get the tree inside to move up. It was a challenge for me to figure out how to work it, but I finally got it and it is really easy once you get the hang of it. I loved making all 32 cards.
A pop up inside.
    I really liked getting them done early. I hope to do that next year.  I used silver stickles for the balls on the trees. I like them better than using gems cause it saves money and time.

Mass production

    My sisters and I have decided to try our hand at cookie decorating . It takes practice and patience. I have been watching videos my Julie Usher on YouTube and really learning alot. We got together to practice our learning and had a great time. We decided to focus on one or two cookie designs and learn how to do them proficiently before moving on to other skills.

Flooding
Blue and White
  I  think my flooding skills are improving. I chose mittens and stars for my cut outs. I used white royal icing and blue.
  I discovered I need a finer tip for detail work and I think a little thicker consistency.  They tasted good, though.

Graphic 45 Treat Box Cards
   I really had fun making these treat box cards. It was surprisingly easy with the directions found on Splitcoast Stampers site. I used Graphic 45 paper for the design paper. One card I used a die cut to make the window and on the other card I used the Word Window punch from Stampin Up. I like the punch better.
  Here is a link to help you try these on your own. Treat Box Card

Warm and Cozy



  Just finished shoveling our first snow . It is beautiful today. The first feels so good on days like today. Love the stockings hung on the mantel. So looking forward to having fun with family and friends this Christmas. Merry Christmas to all . 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I love how your cookies turned out too! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your card! So much fun making Christmas cookies! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...