Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween Treat Bags!

   I have been working feverishly on my many projects still left to do... I just finished (just in time) my Halloween treat bags. I found some inspiration on Pinterest with the  many different Halloween characters, but I changed them and made them my own. I really love how they came out.
Can't wait to give them out.
  I always have a hard time trying to figure out how much candy to give to each child. This year I wised up. The bags are so helpful in that you just hand one to each kid. Love that..
   I think we will only get two kids, but I made 5 bags, just in case. Plus we have more candy. We weren't here at Halloween last year, so I am not sure.
  I used my Sizzix spider die cut on the pumpkin
 and the mummy. I also have a set of alphabet letters from Sizzix to cut out "Boo!". The ghost is my own creation. I cut him/her??? out freehand and used markers for the eyes and mouth. Easy...
  The other great thing about the bags is that you can't sneak any candy. Love that.. bye the way the other candy is downstairs in the basement in our freezer. Should be safe there.. Hope so...
  Well, my sisters and I decided we would do a Christmas Craft Fair this year. It is being held in Topsham at a church. We did it two years ago and had a good time , but not alot of people. This year we are told that they have advertised more and they had more people last year. We decided to give it a whirl again. We are making mini-albums, albums in a box, Christmas cards, Christmas gift boxes, bookmarks, altered boxes,  and anything else we feel like working on. It is not until November 19th, I believe.
  I have started working on  my Christmas cards in a box. It is a set of 5 cards and 5 envelopes in a decorated box. I have made three boxes. I hope to make 6 in all. I need to now work on the cards. Here is a pic of the boxes anyway,
Three of the six boxes done... Yeah!!
I really enjoy making these boxes. I gave a link to the gal who has a tutorial in past posts. Just search "Christmas Fair". The boxes are wicked easy to make. I love decorating them with whatever comes to mind. I used my Memory Box reindeer die, a Sizzix snowflake die, and a Stampin up stamp. The sentiment is from Stampin Up, but the banner is from Spellbinders.
  Well that is all I have so far. I will be working from now until the fair getting ready. Good thing I am retired.
  P. S.  I am almost done with my son's and his fiance's mini-album on our visit to Canobie Lake Park.. Love getting things done.. Don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Boy, the kids are gonna love coming to your house for Trick or Treat! You are working up a storm in your craft room! I am way behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie,

    I foresee quite a few treaters coming to your house later this week. These bags are fabulous! Your cards in a box are a great idea too. Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...