Thursday, February 23, 2012

Jill's Baby Girl Card

  We are all waiting for the arrival of my niece's baby girl. She is due around the end of March. Can't wait to call my brother "Grandpa".  Hal and Charlotte were visiting this past week from New Jersey. We had a great time seeing them along with my other niece, Cindy. We ordered pizzas with the whole northeast part of our family here.
   I had been working on a card for Jill since we could not make it to her shower. It was so fun to make a baby card. Haven't made one for awhile.I used my Sizzix dies to make little stuffed like animals. I loved adding the little bows that I had purchased from Tate's in Bath.  The top cupboards open. I forgot to take a picture of it.  The card itself opens like a regular card. I found a poem to put inside.
   I cased this card from a card I saw on Splitcoast Stampers. It is a lovely card that gave me the inspiration for my card. Check it out here.Inspiration Card
   The directions for this card were quite simple. I loved the pictures used to help you along the way. This is the link to the directions if you are interested in making your own card.Drawer card directions
   We are praying that everything goes smoothly for Jill. We will be coming back from Florida about the time she is due. We hope to get a glimpse of the new one...
Nice brown color with a bit of sugar on top.
   I was so excited to see my brother and his family this past week that I made an apple pie. I don't make pies that often. In fact, this is the first one I've made since moving into our new home in July.  Yes, I used a refrigerated pie crust. I firmly believe in "semi-homemade". I used fresh apples, however, It came out really good except I could have used more flour since it was a little runny. It looked fabulous. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Love your card for Jill! It is super cute! The pie as fabulous! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is such a cute card, i love how you made it into a dresser. such a great idea. UM i hope there is some pie left because I'll be right up. lol! yummy
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...