Saturday, January 7, 2012

For Aunt Syvilla!

I love cupcakes, but stamped images  will have to do...
   My mom needed a birthday card for her sister, Syvilla.  I don't know how old she is and she probably wouldn't appreciate me blogging that info anyway.
   I wanted to use my cupcake stamps from Hero Arts. I really had a ball coloring them with Copic Markers. I used Martha Stewart's fine glitter to add a little sparkle.The row of gems I bought on one of my crafting journeys.
  The inside of the card I had planned to be simple, but I got glue on the side when I dropped the sentiment. So I improvised and used my Sizzix border die cut of a branch and a bird. I used glitter over it to hide the glue "smudgies".  I used my Copic Markers again to color the leaves and the bird.
   I really like the color combo of blue and green. It gave the card a "fresh" look. I haven't decided on what I am going to do to the envelope. I am working on that one.
   I like working on birthday cards. I think I will make a few ahead to be ready for the next birthday. There's always someone having a birthday, right?
   
  

1 comment:

  1. Love the bling on this card! Nice job on the coloring and the glitter! Syvilla will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...