Wednesday, September 7, 2011

He's turning 30!!!

A smiling computer....
   I have been working on my son's 30th birthday card...He works at Unum on computers all day.. He loves it...so I tried to think up a card using a computer as the theme. I typed in computer image and found one with a smile on it.. so I gave it a try. This is what I came up with for his card.
   I used Stampin Up's Pretty Petals background stamps to make it look like wallpaper. I pieced together the monitor screen: easy enough. Then I use SU word window punch for the place for the computer's buttons. I printed out and scaled down the computer keyboard and added it below the monitor. The smile was a little tricky , but I think it came out okay.
   I started working on the inside of the card by taking white paper and folding it for a pop up card. I again made a simpler monitor screen and attached that above the keyboard. I used Cuttlebug's embossing folder to make the table look wooden. I used Distress Inks from Tim Holtz to accent the raised wood.
   The balloons were punched from Martha Stewart's punch in different colors and patterns.
The mouse I thought was a clever addition!


   I used Stampin Up's Baroque Motif's flourish to add a little birthday look to the inside. I used SU real red ink and added touches of many colored dots.
   I found the sentiment online and thought it was perfect: "Another Birthday? That Bytes! Happy 30th"
Wicked fun making this one for him.. Hope Nathaniel likes it....

1 comment:

  1. Wait! He's 30!! Where did the time go? He is going to love this card! I like the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...