Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Too Much Snow.....

  There is such a thing as too much snow.. I know some people would disagree with me, but I just finished shoveling heavy wet snow off our back porch. Don't my shoulders ache. The only thing that cheers me up is that we saw robins at our bird feeder this afternoon. Doesn't that mean that spring is around the corner. Hallelujah!!

Across the street from our house......
  Anyway, I am happy to announce that wedding invitations to our son's upcoming nuptials are being sent out as I type this post. We are excited to see Nathaniel and Kristin so happy. I was asked to make the invitations which I happily worked on for months. It is a beach themed wedding . Kristin's colors are turquoise and brown. They really go well together.
I ordered these envelopes from Cards and Pockets. 
I added a shell die cut from Sizzix. I thought it worked well here. I am going to use the same die cut on  the rehearsal dinner invites, too.
  I really like working with vellum. You have to use a special glue to get vellum to stick to anything without seeing the glue. I used Stampin Up's stick glue. It worked very well with the white paper I used.

The invitation open.





 The envelope opens  up vertically. I used my Stampin Up stamps for the shells on white paper. The invitation is printed onto the vellum. It is an overlay to the stamped design. Scor-pal tape was used to adhere the invite to the envelope. I also used a Stampin Up punch on the inserted cards that you see in the picture.
  The hardest part of this whole process was making sure the headings lined up once you put them into the pockets. I finally got it right.
Another view...
 
 

   I am presently working on the rehearsal dinner invitations. I have come up with several designs, but I think I have hit on the right one. I will post pictures of the results as soon as I am finished. I can't wait for June. Prayers for a beautiful day weather wise.
   

2 comments:

  1. Too much snow! I am with you! Your invitations came out fabulous! I love the colors! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie,

    Congrats again to the happy couple! I don't even want to ask how many invitations you made for the wedding. They truly look fabulous. Please feel free to stop over to enter my pay-it-forward giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...