Sunday, November 3, 2013

Christmas Craft Fair Season

   My sister's and I have decided to have a table at the Holiday Shopping Event at  Cornerstone Baptist Church in Topsham, Maine ( Rte.196. 9-1 o'clock) on November 16th. We are working feverishly to make all the projects for our table. We got together this weekend to see what we have so far.
  I have been working on making the Envelope Mini Albums. This is a new project for me. I discovered the tutorial on Pinterest and kinda like how they are coming out. This is the first one that I have finished. I am working on a second one and have that one almost done.
Envelope Mini-Album
I used Graphic 45 French Country paper. Love it.. The paper is absolutely gorgeous. The cover a embellished quite a bit, but love how it came out.
Inside pages

Inside pages with tag

Inside pages with photmat
 The pages are large enough for pictures, tags, and adding whatever you want. I think some  people might like these better than the 6 x 6 because it will hold just a few pictures. Sometimes that is all you need . It could be used as a travel journal, too. You can add whatever you want into the pockets. I hope to make a few more for people to buy. If they
Inside pages with belly band
don't sell, I will keep them for my travels.
   Betsy over at Paper, Scissors and SuperHeroes has a wonderful written tutorial on how to make these mini albums. Here is her link: Paper, Scissors, Super Heroes.

My next project I think is so cute. My sister, Chris, over at Calla Lily Studio, discovered the directions for A Card In a Box. The box is really simple. It's the "stuff" you put inside that takes all the time. Usually it is a punch art theme. I chose the Nativity Scene I found on Pinterest. Here is a link to her card. She has done a great job with these figures. I tried to case has as best as I could.
   I used my Spellbinders circle die cuts, and book die cut. I also
Card In a Box
 used my scallop punch for the little lamb.
   I typed the verse on the computer and used Tim Holtz's crackle paint for an aged look.
   The box video tutorial is great except the gal is from the U.K. and her measurement are in metrics. Check out  my sister's blog for a link to the video and the conversion into inches.
Calla Lily Studio We hope to have ten different ones. Chris has some great themes for her boxes.
                                                       What I really like about this card in a box is that it folds up and fits into a 6 x6 envelope.                                                  
The sentiment on the back.
Folded card
Christmas!!
We went to Pier One that just opened in South Portland to get some inspiration and that Christmas feeling in November. What a great place! It was way too busy. Don't go there on a Saturday. I got great ideas for more boxes and albums. Well, gotta get back to work. I will have more items to share in a few days.November 16th will be coming fast and furious.

6 comments:

  1. I love your mini albums! They are going to be a hit! Your card in a box came out so cute! What a cute idea! I love the paper you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on your albums and I love your card in a box!! Can't wait for the fair! Love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Nativity figures in your card in a box are so adorable and so simple yet creative! Would love to know which punches you used to create their shapes - is this possible? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I to would love to know what punches you used. Thank you,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used different sized circle punches. The bodies were just cut free hand. The eyes were black enamel effects. Hope that helps a little.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...