Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fall Frenzy

  I have been working on three projects at the same time.. How good am I? I get up around 5:00 in the morning which is the perfect time to work on my papercrafting . It is quiet and I can concentrate on my creative energies. I sound pretty fantastic, don't I?
   I finished a Memory Box for my friend, Elaine. She had given me some fabulous tops that she didn't need anymore. I love her!! So I decided since she wouldn't take money to make her a Memory Box. I had purchased the directions from the gal at Paper Hoarder Disorder. You can check out her blog by the same name, if you are interested in the video tutorial and written directions. You get both for $5.00. I thought it was a good buy.
  I really enjoyed making this album box. You had to be careful how many embellishments you used and make sure they weren't too bulky 'cause the box has to close. So I used more "flat" paper embellishments. I cut out tags from Graphic 45's Secret Garden Collection. I love this paper collection. I wish they would add some new collections to their line. Some paper was from My Mind's Eye, too. Here is a video that I made so that you could see some of the work that I have done for this album. 
 These are the photo mats that fit into the slots of each page.
Picture or journaling could be used here.
I gave her the box the other day and she loved it. Elaine has grandchildren that she sees alot and takes alot of great pictures of them. This album will be filled with her great times with them.
  I am now working on finishing up my other two projects. One is favor boxes for our Thanksgiving meal. I found the directions for these on Pinterest. The gal that does the written tutorial does a great job explaining how to make these cuties. I added a maple leaf punch  and the names of each family member attending the dinner. I will use these boxes as "name tags" set in the middle of a white plate. I distressed the leaves and name cards to give them a little more depth and color. I really love making them now that I can whip one out pretty fast with fewer errors as I go.  Here is a link to where I
found the directions to make these cuties..
Cute,huh?
Thanksgiving Favors

  I am also working on finishing up the mini-album for my future daughter-in-law, Kristin, and my son, Nathaniel. We had a great time at Canobie Lake Park this summer and I wanted to give them an album commemorating that time. This is the third album I have done in the  6x6 size. This is a great size 'cause you use less paper. This album uses the hidden hinge system for the binding of the pages. I got the video directions from My Sister's Scrapper. She does a super job with her directions. Here is a link to her site for instructions, in case you want to give it a whirl. Pocket Page Mini Album  
  I may have given you this link before , but it is handy to have it here, too. I am presently working on the pages for this album. I had to order more
I have the cover done and now I am working on the pages.
magnets 'cause I ran out. I got them from Ellen
Hutson's online site. She has pretty good prices.
  We have had a wonderful Sept/Oct for outings. Kristin called a couple of weeks ago to see if we didn't want to go for a ferry boat ride  to Baily Island . We jumped at the chance 'cause it was only $12.00 a head and it is a great time to see the fall foliage. We weren't disappointed. The trip was awesome. A little chilly but not bad with a fleece jacket. Here are some pics from that trip.
The Ferry

Kayakers

On the boat

Portland Head Light

Nathaniel on the right

Searching for gold on Bailey Island

Nathaniel and Kristin


































   Russ has to go to the Fryeburg Fair every year that we can. It is a fun time with lots to see. The food was everywhere. We had an awesome maple whoopie pie. Yummy. The exhibits were fun to look and wish I could do some of the neat things people do with cooking and crafts.

Fryeburg Fair
  
Whoopie pie

Awesome exhibit
    We had alot of fun this fall. Right now we are working on growing the grass on our new lawn and getting the gardens ready for fall. It is hard work, I tell you. The next big project I have to work on is cleaning my craftroom. I am not looking forward to that ,but I like it when it is done. Here is a picture of my organized paper. I guess I had better get busy with cleaning.
Cleaning craftroom


3 comments:

  1. All your albums looks fabulous! Love the music on your video! Wow, it really has been a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title "Fall Frenzy"! and it looks like he has been for you! Love your pictures of the fun you have had at the end of summer/beginning of fall! Your projects are amazing and I can't wait to finish mine! Thanks for helping me with my box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, getting up at 5AM, making videos (with the whole music/zoom in zoom out thing to enrich the crafting world!!), making albums, organizing your room, yard work etc. What a gal!!! Would love to go on a ferry ride this time of year. Sounds wonderful. I hope you are able to continue to really enjoy your fall and all our Creator has put together for His glory!!! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...