Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer Fun!

   I have been having alot of fun doing the things I love to do in the summer time: going to the Yarmouth Clam Festival, working in our garden, canning, and paper crafting; just to name a few things.
   My sister-in-law, Bette, is so thoughtful. She was working at the Unity Fair Circle in Sebasco when she spied a table with a number of stamps on it.. She thought of me immediately.. What a sister-in-law. She bought all of them. And what a find it was for me.  Most of the  stamps were from Stampin Up and they were stamp sets where most of them had never been used. Whoopie!  Love 'em.
   There were four angel stamps that I absolutely love. I used one on my altered cigar box ( Check an older post.) inside cover. I used my copic markers to color the cherub and he looks so cute.
One of the stamps Bette found for me
I used a Spellbinders die for the corner embellishment and glittered everything in sight. Love that glitter....
  The sentiment is a stamp from Inkadinkadoo. I have used it before on other projects.
Inside my altered cigar box










   Thanks, Bette, for thinking of me. I am going to enjoy using these stamps on future paper projects.
   I also finished my sister, Rochelle's birthday card. I gave it to  her early 'cause I wanted her to see how clever I was in finding a new type of card I had not made before. When she came to the house to show me her new card, it was the same waterfall card. We had a good laugh about how great minds think alike and all that. She actually made her squares a little bigger, which I liked. She gave me some tips, so I am going to try another one.
Waterfall card for Rochelle!
  You pull the ribbon at the bottom and the squares move up and away. Love it !  I found the tutorial on Pinterest. ( Boy, if you are not on Pinterest, you are missing out on some great ideas and  inspirations!) The tutorial is for a Halloween card, but Dawn really does a great job explaining each step. Here is a link to her video: Dawn's Waterfall card

   I used Graphic 45 paper, which is my new favorite paper. I used brads from Stampin Up. I also used SU stamps from Loads of Love, Flower of the Month, So Many Scallops, and Love Ya Bunches. They all worked well here for a birthday card.
    I really had fun making this waterfall card. Check out Dawn's tutorial, if you are interested in making one of your own. My sister's blog at Creative Corner Studio has more examples of this type of card, too.
Voila! There is the message!



Pull the ribbon!

Keep pulling...




   Well, in between my paper crafting fun, my husband, Russ and I , have been picking cucumbers from our garden like mad. We found a recipe in a canning book Bette and Tommy gave us for Christmas a few years ago. We still have some relish we made last summer to use up this summer.
I don't know what it is about gardening, but we are into it.  Check out these pictures of our canning fun.
All clean and ready to be filled.

Funnel thingie comes in handy.

Good eating this winter!

    Well, tomorrow we are going to have some rain. That's okay 'cause I will continue to work on my paper crafting projects. I hope to be done with my Disney album and get ready to make some more mini albums.

2 comments:

  1. I love your angel stamp and the way you used it! The waterfall card is cool too! You guys sure have green thumbs! I don't want summer to end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have been very busy this summer! Thank you for my card-I love the waterfall technique. I agree with Chris-I don't want summer to end either!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...