Monday, March 3, 2014

No Snow Here!!!

   We had a smooth flight to Orlando. The weather is beautiful here... No snow .. no cold... just 81 degrees.  What a change... Love it..
   We went Red Lobster as is our tradition. Love those cheese biscuits. Headed to Beachclub and our room was ready after only a short wait while we ate ice cream outside of the Marketplace gift shop.     
Love those cheese biscuits!
   Our room is on the ground floor which is great for Mom. We can see the pool right outside our patio door. Love that, too.
   We wanted to get a few groceries at our favorite store: Gooding's Grocery. Love this place. They have everything we need for reasonable prices. I always look at their bakery department but try not to buy.. I said try...
Aren't these cute..

 We headed to Epcot after getting our stuff settled in the room. Epcot has the Flower and Garden Show starting March 5th. We were checking it out to see if it is something our Mom would like to see. So refreshing to see green foliage instead of all the white frozen stuff.     The topiaries are out and around here and there. Some are new and some are from the year before. I love to see the creative ways someone has with plants.
They do such a good job...
    The Flower Show is not opened yet, so some of the exhibits were not open. There is a butterfly pavillion that has been really fun in the past, but it was closed til Wed. So I just took a few pictures of what we could see.
 
Lion King? I think...
     It was really hot but we soaked it up. Started cooling off as evening came on. What a good way to start our vacation. We loved it.
Great views..






  We were getting tired. We tried to eat dinner at Beaches and Cream, but they were full. No admittance.
   We ended up going to Perkins off property for just a bite.
Too tired to even get into the hot tub, maybe tomorrow.

  I did finish a card before I left for Florida for a friend that broke her arm after falling on ice at home. I felt so bad for her. I took the piece I had made from the colored glitter technique and made it into a card for her.
For Karen....
Check out an earlier post for links to a video tutorial on how to do this technique. It does make a great card.
  Well, I think we are headed to Magic Kingdom today. We probably will come back at lunch to the pool. It is suppose to be 83 degrees this week. Bring it on..

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! I hope you guys have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got the room that you wanted! Beautiful view!! Enjoy the week!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...