Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May Has Come and Gone!

  The end of May has come and gone. I have been working on a thank-you card. I took a break from making wedding invitations to do this card.I bought a new stamp set of just flowers. I took all the packaging off , so I can't tell you the makers. I think I got it on sale at JoAnn's.
A thank you card
   I wanted to thank my neighbor's daughter for giving me some of her crafting materials. I am going to try and sell some of her items at our upcoming yard sale on June 22nd.
   Memorial Day was alot of fun for our family. We had a lobster bake at our house. Russ steamed the lobsters outside on a gas fired cooker. It works really well and helps keep the lobster smell outside; not in the house.
Cooked to perfection










     Everyone brought salads and goodies to eat along with lobster. I get a hankering for lobster couple times during the summer. We get our lobster at Small Point Fisheries in West Point, Maine. It is a working wharf on the Carrying Place Road. They are quite reasonable on their prices compared to anyone else around us in Yarmouth. It is such a beautiful place to visit, too.
  
My cabbage salad;  well actually it is a recipe from my friend, Cindy
Appetizers on a stick
 

 I made the
cabbage salad that we just love to eat during the hot summer months. It has ramen noodles, toasted almonds, and shredded cabbage in it. The sauce is just oil, sugar, soy sauce, and a dash of sesame seed oil. You can throw chicken in it if you want it for a meal. I love it either way.
Stump X removing stumps.
  
  We hired Stump X to cut down one tree and remove six stumps. They did a fabulous job. Kevin finished up with loam and grass seed. So happy to get this job finally completed. We are now watering the grass seed and waiting for it to grow.
Crab apple blossoms.
   Spring is slowing leaving us here in Yarmouth. It has been a rainy chilly season with a few gorgeous days sprinkled here and there. This is the last of our crab apple trees to blossom. The petals are falling off as I write this post. I love the soft pink color against the green leaves.

   Today we are trimming our lilac bushes to get better growth and to be able to reach the blossoms next year. We are also mulching around the house and around our flower gardens. It is a cooler day so it is perfect for working hard outside. I will be glad to get this done.
   I will be back to working on wedding invitations this week. That should give my muscles a little rest after a day of working outside.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I can almost taste those lobsters! The crab apple tree is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lobsters were sooo good! Thanks for getting them for us! Love the pearls on your card, pretty, pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...