Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spring and Mother's Day

   I absolutely love Spring. It's so pretty outside right now.  I have already bought plants for our outside pots and am weeding the flower beds in preparation for more perennials.
   We are also doing some Spring cleaning in the house. Russ did a fabulous job on our side entry way. I had seen some great ideas on the Houzz website for entry ways. Our entry way is not very big, so we needed to have a built-in bench that didn't take up alot of room. Plus I wanted shelves to hold baskets for our mittens, hats,  and etc.
    Russ looked at pictures I had found with the ideas I thought we needed and he worked on making it come true for about a week... Here are some pictures of his awesome design.
The entry way is much larger because of the bench Russ made that fits perfectly. I love the baskets we bought at Michael's. They will hold our winter gear. It will be much easier to put on boots. We plan to put four hooks across the back for hanging small jackets or sweaters. Love Russ's design.

   I am working on the entry way closet which is across from the bench. I cleaned out "stuff" and just left our Spring coats. I am painting the inside of the closet, too. Russ made a longer shoe/boot rack for all our footwear. I'll show pics of that when I am done.

   Mother's Day is upon us. We are thankful that we have our mom here with us to honor her on this day. We are taking her out to dinner in South Portland. She got some lovely flowers from Hal and Charlotte, my brother and his wife. They can't be with us since they live in New Jersey now.
    I made Mom's card this week. I used vellum paper for the flowers that I stamped from Stampin Up's stamp set called "In Full Bloom". It's a lovely set that I have not used before this time.

Flowers for Mom from Hal and Charlotte

For MOM!












  


    I used my Copic Markers to color the flowers. I love the new Spellbinders die that made the background and cut out the oval for me. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the sentiment in the middle and make it straight. I have trouble with that little skill. Thank goodness for tools.
   Well, I have to get busy and start staining a mini table my husband made for my craft room. It's wicked cute. I will have to show you pictures when it's done.It will give me a little more room for my Big Shot machine and dies freeing up more space.
   Have a happy Mother's Day to everyone....

3 comments:

  1. Russ did a fabulous job on the entry way! I love how it turned out! Mom's card is so beautiful! Ilove that die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the entryway Connie. It is perfect! You know that I want to borrow Russ for just a bit, so when would that be possible? Very pretty card for your mom. I can't wait to visit your updated craft room, so I can see where all the magic happens. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie,

    I just love your built in bench - how neat! Everything looks so organized. It sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. Your card is gorgeous with that Spellbinders die.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...