Saturday, February 23, 2013

Busy...Busy...

We are coming , Mickey!!!
  I have been so busy this last week. We are getting ready to head south, hopefully . A snowstorm is brewing and this might put a crimp in our travel plans. We are praying for a safe flight to Disney. And just in time I finished the Mickey Mouse puzzle given to me by Kristin and Nathaniel. It was a bugger of a puzzle. I think there were one thousand pieces and the pieces each were part of a teeny tiny mosaic. It took from Christmas to now to get 'er done. But here he is.. very appropriate to be going to Disney now...
Thanks, guys!
  I used puzzle glue to keep him together and found a poster frame at Michel's. Somehow somewhere I lost one piece of the puzzle. Thankfully I could hide that fact under a plaque with all the details. Isn't that Mickey punch cute?
My white dish collection goes well here.
   My husband has been busy, too. He finished making the two shelving units to flank either side of my mom's hutch .  It was yellow which didn't seem to go with the kitchen, so I had the task of painting everything a mushroom color to match the backsplash and the pantry unit. Three coats of paint later and it looks great. I really love how it ties the kitchen together.
   We are now thinking of painting the island this  mushroom color. That would be after our Disney trip and before Easter. Busy...busy... busy....
  Sadly I had to make  a sympathy card for our friends Lori and Marcel. Lori lost her father last week. They put on an addition to their home so he could live with them.
For Marcel and Lori
    I used a two stamps that I have not used at all lately. The background is from Hero Arts and the flower is a Penny Black creation. I love the spotted ribbon from A.C. Moore.
   Well, we will be watching the weather reports today and tomorrow to see when we will be leaving. I can't wait to be sitting in a pool with the hot sun beating down.Pray we get there to do just that .....
  Keep an eye on my blog to see what we are up to and what we are eating. It's always fun at Disney.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love all the pictures! The puzzle was a great gift- especially since I love puzzles. But to turn it into art is just plain fabulous! The picture of your new hutch came out great! I am a big fan of that mushroom color! I think you should paint the island too!!! Russ did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...