Thursday, May 24, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

   I can't believe it's already Memorial weekend this weekend. Spring has been a beautiful time here in Yarmouth .  We spent a whole day going to cemeteries to place flowers. We noticed the flags that are placed next to veterans. It really makes you think about the sacrifices so many made for their country.
Dad would have liked these flowers.
   Dad was a veteran. We placed red and white flowers at his grave. It looked really nice. We lost him a little over a year ago. We all miss him terribly, but know he is with the Lord. That is a comfort to us.
Pretty in PInk!!
   The crabapple tree above our patio is blooming now and it's gorgeous. Even  though I have to sweep up the petals as they fall below onto the brick patio, I still love those pink blossoms.  I love how we can now leave windows open during the warm days and hear the birds singing as we eat breakfast. The nights are still a little chilly, but I love it. It's still a beautiful tree. It gives us shade during the hot summer months.




Get well card
     I made a get well card for our hair dresser. She has been sick the last few weeks. I hope she will be getting better soon. She is such a nice lady and awfully good to my mom.  I love making cards to try and cheer people up...
Happy Birthday, Mom..
  I used my Stampin Up embossing folder for this one. I inked up one side of the folder and then ran the paper through my Big Kick machine. It colors the paper and raised the design upat the same time.  It's really quite nice. I also used a new punch from Stampin up that I think I will using alot. I didn't want the sentiment to hide the embossing, so I stamped on acetate. The stamp is from SU's Curvy Verses. A ribbon finished the look.

   Mom celebrated a birthday this past week. We went to Bugaboo Creek for her birthday luncheon. It was a lovely time for everyone. She got many cards and well wishes.
  So you can see that this week has been a busy one. The family will get together for a Memorial Day barbecue and my sister, Rochelle's home in Falmouth. Summer is right around the corner... Maybe 80 degrees soon...

  

4 comments:

  1. Dad's stone and flowers look nice. I can't believe he has been gone for a year. I miss him much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Chris! The stone and flowers looks so wonderful! You know he'd love anything you children put together for him! He was such a gracious man. Your mom is looking so good. Please send along our belated hugs for her birthday last week. I'd love to smell those crabapple tree blossoms! Our lilac trees and chokecherry trees are starting to bloom here. Blessings to all of you this Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lily... Hope your mom is doing well. We are all getting together for a barbecue at Rochelle's on Sunday. Happy Memorial Day to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers on Dad's stone. I'll have to go over and see it. Miss him everyday. Also love your picture of your flowering trees, so pretty. My picture of Mom didn't come out as well as yours. Gonna have to steal yours!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...