Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Birthday Card for Ruthie!

Add caption

  My mom asked me to make a birthday card for her great granddaughter, Ruthie. I am not sure how old she will be.. I think she is in the fourth grade. Anyway, I got some great ideas from Pinterest and from Splitcoast Stampers. I gave this card my own touch, too.
   I used Stampin Up's owl punch. I think he's adorable. I used patterned paper for his vest. I didn't have a pom pom for his hat, so I used a glue dot which I dipped in glitter. I thought it looked cute, but I need little pom poms: Shopping Trip!!

   I love the balloon punch from Martha Stewart. Again I used some patterned paper from my scrap stash. Good to use up the left over pieces. Anway, I added Crystal Effects to make each balloon shiny.

   I just purchased the "Happy Birthday" stamp from A.C. Moore as part of my gift card from my son for Mother's Day. First time I have used it.  Love the look...It's from Art Expressions. The sweet little ribbon is from Tate's in Bath. It seemed to add a nice little touch here.
Inside the card
   I added balloons to the envelope to give it a birthday look.
   I found the poem for the inside of the card on a greeting card site. I thought it was perfect for Ruthie. More balloons and a little string give it a festive look.
   I hope Ruthie likes this card and has a Happy Birthday, too.

5 comments:

  1. Oh,my! This is super cute! I love the owl punch too! Ruthie is sure to love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new craft interest look wonderful!! I especially love the ladder with pots and birdhouses between your chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card for Ruthie! I just love the owl punch and I am using it right now for a graduation card today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is super cute card you have shared..i might use any of them if need for the design of Gift Card envelopes.thanks you share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new craft interest look wonderful!! I especially love the ladder with post.thank you share it.
    Discount card printing

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...