Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cascading Card--at last!

   Wow.. I've been busy with getting ready for Easter dinner at our home this coming Sunday. Boy, do I love Spring. This is the first Spring here at our new home in Yarmouth. We squeal with delight as we find crocus growing or see the buds coming out...
Spring theme
    So I decided to give my first cascading card a Spring theme. These cards are work.. I'll tell you... I've been working on this card on and off for a week. I think I got it right or at least I like this card better than when I started.
   I got the idea for the tulips from my sister, Chris over at Calla Lily Studio Blog.( See my blog roll.) You use the wing from Stampin Up's bird punch. The blue bird is that punch, too. I also made little pink and white flowers from Stampin Up's hydrangea punch.
   The sentiment is from a Penny Black stamp I picked up somewhere. "Happy Easter is a stamp from Print Works Collection.
The back
   The stamp I used on the back is also from Stampin Up in their All Holidays set. I used a Spellbinders die cut for the white paper cut out. I thought a feather was a nice touch.
Side shot
   The directions for making the Cascade Card is at this link: .Cascading Card








Warming Up
I think it's a pirate.
The Zamboni


     I attended a hockey game last week with my husband which was wicked fun. It was a Pirates game against the Monarchs from New Hampshire. It was a good game 'cause the Portland Pirates won and we had great seats to see it all. The tickets were free from my sister who won them and didn't want to use them. Here are a few shots from that fun time.

  Well, I guess I have to get back to dusting and cooking for 13 family members coming after church on Sunday. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter. I know we will. Happy Easter!!

3 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on your Cascading card! Your hard work really shows! I love the colors you used! The flowers turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Connie! Between you and your sister Chris' cards I am speechless. I have bookmarked the tutorial so maybe ... someday. Happy Easter to you with many blessings. I'm sure dinner will be fabulous just like your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job! They are a lot of work but yours came out great! Pretty, pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...