Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Retirement, Bette!!!


   I have been working on a retirement card for my sister-in-law. I happened to be surfing youtube when I came across this wonderful idea on using your corner punches to creative medallions with circles or squares. Check out the video below to help you make some of your own..
   You can use circles to make medallions, too. I really love using my tools as much as I can so that I feel like I didn't waste my money. Here is the card I made using these YouTube tutorials.

Love the silhouette...
I used my Martha Stewart corner punch to make the circular medallion. Then I made my own rosette with a 3/4 inch wide and 12 inch  long strip. I scored this strip every quarter inch and then folded the strip like an accordian.
I printed out the cameo from my computer, but shrank the image.  I love this paper from Stampin Up, I believe.
The flowers are from Tate's in Bath, Maine. They look lovely with the ribbon already attached.
Check out the video below to see a tutorial on how to use your corner punches to make medallions.Making Medallions using circles



Another medallion with Martha's punch
I am going to look at corner punches alot differently now that I know I can use them alot more.  Here is a picture of another one I made using a corner punch I have now.
I have a few of the ones mentioned in both videos, but I think I will use my coupons to visit A.C. Moore and Michaels real soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice card for Betty! I love the silhouette! Thank you for providing the youtube videos! I can't wait to try and make the medallions!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...