Thursday, June 30, 2011

Strawberry Season

We picked these!

A big one...

Bet you can't eat just one...

Row after row of strawberries

Russ in a strawberry patch.

Strawberry picking
 I absolutely love strawberries; picking them, eating them, and taking pictures of them.. This week my sister, Rochelle, my husband, Russ, and I went to Fairwinds Farm in Bowdoinham and picked away. Russ and I picked 8 quarts in no time.
   The weather was perfect for picking. Just enough breeze to keep the bugs off and keep us a little cool.
   Picking is hard on your back though. I think next time I will wear knee pads and sit in the strawberry patch. Closer to nature, don't you know...
   We plan on going back this weekend to get strawberries for our Fourth of July celebration. We are going to Rochelle and Mark's house for a barbecue and a dip in their pool. What fun...
   I took a break from packing today to make two anniversary cards for my sister, Chris and her husband, Tom. It's their 18th wedding anniversary this weekend. I don't usually forget this date because July 2nd is the anniversary of our first date five years ago. It was a great first date. We went to see War of the World with Tom Cruise.
Mom's card

Our card to Chris and Tom
   Anyway, I made one card for my mother to give them and I made a card from us.
   On our card I used a Spellbinders fleur de lis border die cut. I just cut it and turned one side upside down. I added the white ribbon through the middle. The sentiment is on a Spellbinders tag. The embellishments, I hope, give it a wedding like flavor. The card is on Tim Holtz's die cut that is for making cards stand up. Check out the picture to the left. I used grunge board to give it alot of strength.
   On Mom's card  I cased a card I saw on Splitcoast. Here is the link, in case you want to check it out.. The card I cased.  It's really a great card.  I love the folded piece of paper that goes through the middle of the card. I got to use the "bling" that hands down from the ribbon on this card. I purchased this from Tate's in Bath, Maine. The sentiment is on a tag from Spellbinders. The side of the card is a border punch from Martha Stewart's collection.
    I am afraid I am going to have to pack my craftroom soon. I have one more card to make and then it's into packing boxes for about three weeks. It will be like withdrawal. I'll still be blogging, but it will be about my adventures. I sure hope it will be exciting enough to read about..

3 comments:

  1. What great shots of the strawberrry fields! I love the one of Russ in the field. He looks lost! Love the anniversary cards! I really don't know which one I like best Thank you for remembering our special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great time picking and it looks like a great weekend to go back. Love your pictures especially my hands! Great job on the cards and Happy Anniversary Chris and Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie,

    There is nothing like fresh strawberries in the summer! It looks like you had fun picking your own. Both anniversary cards are gorgeous with the new dies.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...