Monday, May 30, 2011

Too Long....

   I've been away from my blogging for a few days now. It's been too long because I have been working on so many things. I finished painting my bureau and adding the glass knobs. That was a huge project... I painted the bureau in the basement... Bad idea.. Lighting is terrible. At least that's what I told my husband when he noticed the drips here and there... So he helped me bring it upstairs and sand a bit more and cover the blemishes.. I absolutely love how it came out.. I'll post pics tomorrow..
   I haven't had a chance to take any pictures 'cause I was cleaning house for today's Memorial Day barbecue with family.. It was really a nice time.. Hope everyone had a chance to remember those who have served our country..
Sunflowers make me smile!!
   I also finished a card. I really like how it came out.. I had purchased the designer paper at Tate's in Bath. I believe it was K& Company's paper. I bought the black ribbon there , too. I am not sure where I got the sunflowers.. It was a little sprig of them.. I cut them up and applied with glue dots. 
  I love Just Rites new stamps. They are called "Kindness" ... good name. Spellbinders make nestabilities that match this set. Really very pretty. I used my enamel accents to make ahhh accents with black and white dots. I even outlined the stamp.
Ummm... What shall I do??? What shall I do???
   So I am off to work on my next project... I took a watering can my Mom gave me 'cause it leaked. I applied silcone gel to the bottom.. Voila! No leak. Now what shall I do to make it look pretty... Just check back and see.... Thanks for looking...

2 comments:

  1. I love the yellow and black on your card! They really POP! I can't wait to see how your watering can turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty! Love the color combo! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...