Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gentle Thoughts of You!!

   We had a glorious Easter Sunday. The church was full of worshippers and lilies.  The sun was shining and the choir sang a most beautiful song with a video of the Resurrection in the background-quite moving..
Don't you love this clock?
   We headed to lunch at the Taste of Maine in Woolwich. The food was great, but I love the atmosphere there; from the lobster in the lobby, to the clock on the wall. There is so much to look at and appreciate.
My dear husband-so patient!
Wicked cute...
   I love the cloth dolls just above Russ's head. Someone has sewing talent to make all those doll people.
Love the color...
   There were two or three old gas pumps placed near tables for people to admire and remember the past.We had a great time.
Gentle Thoughts from Stampin Up
   Well, I put away all the Easter materials and am still thinking about Mother's Day coming up soon. But I decided to take a break and work on making the swan that I have been dying to try ever since I purchased the directions from Valita's Designs & Fresh Folds blog. It was well worth the small fee to make this gorgeous punch art. If you are interested in checking out her blog, here is the link:Valita's Designs & Fresh Folds Blog
   I had seen someone at Splitcoast Stampers use the lacy square Nestability in black and thought it was quite striking. So I used it here to highlight the white of the swan. The turquoise designer paper comes from DCWV Mariposa Stack. The paper in this stack is breathtaking.
   I used stamps from Tim Holtz's collection and from Stampin Up's set called Garden Collage. The flowers are from Prima. This is the first time I had made this type of bow. I really like it because it's more subdued, so that the swan takes center stage; not the bow. It was wicked fun working on this card. I think I will keep trying to challenge myself with some new technique or design. Thanks for looking!!
  

3 comments:

  1. Wow! The swan came out fabulous!! I love your card! It is sooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent punch art and lovely card! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...