Friday, February 4, 2011

Remember When...

A different kind of Valentine Card!!
   I wanted to try out a different kind of Valentine for my husband. I really like the Summer by the Sea stamp set by Stampin Up. I had a bugger of a time coming up with a design I like with this stamp. I had checked out many cards made with this stamp on Splitcoast Stampers.com and got some ideas here and there.
   I used Copic markers to color and then brayered the sky and moon...I didn't really like it; so I scrunched it up to throw away, but then I thought why not make it look like an old photo. So I added some Vintage Photo ink from Tim Holtz's collection all over the picture. I used Stampin Up's Top Note die cut and then ripped off corner. I roughed up some of the
 edges to make it look worse.
   Low and behold, I liked it better. I added the crocheted ribbon and off white ribbon; along with a hat pin from Mark's Finest Papers,pearls, and some white netting.(It's hard to believe, but you use it on walls to sheetrock seems and corners. Sticks real well to paper.)
   I borrowed a  Stampin Up's stamp set , Elegant Beginnings, from my sister for the sentiment on the ribbon. Well, when I was done I thought it didn't stink too much. I am not sure I will use this card or the last one I posted to give to my husband. I am leaning towards the red one with the hearts on it.. Not sure .....What do you think?    

1 comment:

  1. Boy, that is a tough question! Both cards are beautiful! But I think I like the sentiment on this one. Something about ...Remember when... just so romantic... Love it and your card!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...