Thursday, February 24, 2011

Black & White Card

My Inspiration
   I was looking through some of my old photos when I came across a picture I had snapped while shopping at Home Goods . I knew I liked the picture, and thought it would make an excellent card.
   So I spent this morning working on a black & white card. I used my very first Stampin Up set that I purchased about ten years ago. I didn't know that you were suppose to keep the sticker with the name on it,so I don't know the name of it. It's these leaves you see here that I stamped in SU (craft) white ink. Love the effect.
My Finished Card


   I used my Inkessentials white opaque ink pen to make the branches. My branches aren't as white as the picture's, but I didn't have anything else to use. I am going to be on the look out for some white tools
to use in the future.
    Next, I stamped the "flowers" with Stampin Up's Garden Silhouettes in SU's (craft) white ink. I used the white Enamel Accents to make the dots bigger and whiter anywhere I could. White ribbon, silver cord, pearl hat pin from Mark's Finest, Martha Stewart's butterflies, and diamond gems finish the card. Paper is from Stampin Up mostly, but the silver gray, I think, I got at JoAnn's Fabric Store.
   I really like the look of black & white together. I used SU's tag punches for the sentiment. The sentiment is from Hero Arts, but I cut the words apart to fit on tag. I used the opaque white pen and the white Enamel Accent dots to echo the colors on the card.
   I like this card. Not sure who will get it or when, but it's in my collection 'til then. Thanks for looking...

 

4 comments:

  1. I have that stamp set! It's called "Autumn"! I love the look you created with this set. It is beautiful. I forget how classic just using black and white can be! Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Connie, that is gorgeous! Can I buy a couple from you - seriously! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie,

    Stunning black and white card! I love the autumn leaves. I see Chris has already told you the name of the set. So many wonderful embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. connie this is so elegant looking just beautiful, hugz n blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...