Sunday, February 13, 2011

                             Altered Laughing Cow Boxes
    I have been saving the round Laughing Cow boxes because I love their shape and size. I just hate throwing away a perfectly good container that I could alter somehow. Well, I had two hanging around and decided to give it a go... I love Spellbinders fleur de lis die cut. I used two and placed them at angles. Then I just used decorative paper and covered the sides and top. Spellbinder's nestabilities scalloped circles and lacy circles helped the give the top a little more detail. Then it was just adding prisma flowers that I liked and complimented each box. Lace helped to give each box more of a girlish feel to it.
   I am going to send the red/pink box to my mom for Valentine's Day, although it will be late. I want to fill it with candy. She sees my blog sometimes, so I won't tell you what kind of candy. That will be her surprise.
   I love to alter recyclable items. See what you can do to items around your house. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this idea! Super, super cute and very green of you! What a great way to recycle stuff! Mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree great idea to recycle and so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I've saved a "few" just waiting for an idea like this. Did you paint the boxes before decorating them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not paint them. I used my patterned paper to decorate the top and sides. I am glad you like them. They are fun to decorate and give away.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...